ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

External desktop monitor glitch: Premiere CC freezes everytime I rearrange panels & windows

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david l riveraExternal desktop monitor glitch: Premiere CC freezes everytime I rearrange panels & windows
by on Jun 13, 2016 at 8:53:49 pm

I’ve started to encounter a glitch of some kind that happens every single time I execute a certain order of steps.

I’ve got my comp connected to a 24″ external LG monitor via HDMI. After launching premiere, I undock some panels and move them over to the external monitor, no big deal. But the moment I select ‘color’ or ‘assembly’ or just start working in general, Premiere locks up. At this point, the glitch has 3 distinct properties aside from freezing.

1) double clicking a clip in a bin for example does nothing. ‘Source’ window is completely grayed out.

2) When I expand or contract the timeline vertically, the entire layout freezes into a “cascade of windows” effect. Kind of like a deck of cards splattered across a table.

3) after force quitting premiere, I am unable to launch. I have to open a task manager to discover that it has dropped itself into ‘background processes’ for some reason.

Despite the freeze, I can still move the playhead, and I can even hear the audio. I’ve repeated this process numerous times to confirm that it isn’t a random occurrence.

Can anyone help shed some light on this please? Computer restart, no effect. I have re-installed, no effect. I have deleted media cache, no effect. Changed the name of both the adobe and premiere folders to “premiere.old” and “adobe.old”.
I’ve also tested for the glitch using my work computer (a mid-level mac book pro running el capitan OS) which also has the latest version of CC, moving the interface around to other monitors, and it’s glitch free.

I have near state-of-the-art computer specs as well, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

MSI GT72 Dominator Pro gaming laptop
64 bit, Windows 10
6th gen, Intel skylake i7, 6820HK @3.1Ghz
Nvidia GTX 980M with 8gigs ram
32gigs RAM DDR4

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: External desktop monitor glitch: Premiere CC freezes everytime I rearrange panels & windows
by on Jun 14, 2016 at 2:34:55 pm

I can't help you, but I can contribute the fact that I also have a 2 monitor layout, one a 32" HDTV (with HDMI connection) and a 22" PC monitor (DVI). I have Premiere Pro laid out over the 2 monitors and have had no problems whatsoever so you should be able to as well. My "workstation" is just a regular consumer PC.

The only difference between what I did and what you do is, I don't arrange the windows every time I open Premiere Pro. I saved the layout. From what you've said I don't think that's gonna solve your problem, but if you do get things worked out, next time you lay out your windows save the configuration. For convenience sake if nothing else.

Return to posts index

Blake AndersonRe: External desktop monitor glitch: Premiere CC freezes everytime I rearrange panels & windows
by on Sep 13, 2016 at 4:56:00 am

You described my current situation exactly. Have you been able to find a solution?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]