ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Problems exporting timeline from Premiere CS5 to Encore CS5

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matteo BadinProblems exporting timeline from Premiere CS5 to Encore CS5
by on Jun 13, 2016 at 8:22:50 pm

Hello everyone, really need help.
I want to make a DVD (with menu and chapters) from my Premiere project. I know I have to import the timeline in Adobe Encore, but simply I'm not able to do it. Well, I watched several tutorials and learnt there are two ways to do it. I can either export my project in MPEG-2/DVD format, then create a new Encore project and import it or use dynamic link and send the timeline to Encore. I tried both options and none of the two seems to work.
First tried to export my Premiere project in MPEG-2/DVD format. After waiting for hours (my project is very long), I found four new files in my "Germany2015" folder: Germany2015.m2v, Germany2015.m2v.xmpses, Germany2015.xmp and Germany2015.wav. Well, Germany2015.m2v only contains the video (without audio) at a lower resolution and Germany2015.wav (which is supposed to be the audio track) only contains the last 10 minutes of the audio of the entire footage.
So I tried using dynamic link to send my timeline directly to Encore, but there are still some problems. I see the video at a much much lower resolution and, moreover, I can't hear the audio. The audio track is there, but it doesn't play.
Can anyone help me? I need to know how to transfer my timeline from Premiere to Encore in order to create my DVD, without loosing quality and audio.
Thanks in advance!

P.S. I use a mac.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Problems exporting timeline from Premiere CS5 to Encore CS5
by on Jun 13, 2016 at 9:14:00 pm

Hi Matteo. It is simpler than you might think, as long as your file assets are not too large.

In Encore, import your m2v and wav files. Right click to create a new timeline. Place the m2v and wav assets in the timeline.

Now you have an asset you can work with if you want to do menus and such. If you don't want to do menus, you can simply have that play when the disc is inserted in a player.

Encore is "end of life" as a product. But you can still probably find some tutorial videos online. They really helped me get started.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Matteo BadinRe: Problems exporting timeline from Premiere CS5 to Encore CS5
by on Jun 14, 2016 at 6:20:21 pm

Hi. Thank you :), but my .wav file only contains about the last 10 minutes of the entire audio track (I don't know why) and the .m2v file's resolution is lower than the original video's, even if I set the highest quality in the export settings.

Sorry, what do you mean with "file assets"?

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Problems exporting timeline from Premiere CS5 to Encore CS5
by on Jun 14, 2016 at 10:07:10 am

Post a screenshot of your mpeg2-dvd export settings.
(if you have it set to default the export should have a video and audio file).
What is your source.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Problems exporting timeline from Premiere CS5 to Encore CS5
by on Jun 14, 2016 at 1:53:59 pm

When you say the export for DVD is at a lower resolution, that is to be expected - most people are shooting HD video and DVD is always standard definition (PAL or NTSC). If you want HD video on the disc, then make a Blu-ray which is High-Definition.

Don't know why you are not getting the entire audio clip. Does Premiere have all applicable update installed? Make sure you are at version 5.0.3 or else download and install update - https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/premiere-pro-cs5-5-0-3-update/

You could try exporting as .wav only and if you get the entire audio clip, use that in the Encore with the previously exported .m2v video clip. They do not have to be exported together as a "set" necessarily if that is causing issues for some reason.

As Ann said, please show us the export settings for review

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Matteo BadinRe: Problems exporting timeline from Premiere CS5 to Encore CS5
by on Jun 14, 2016 at 6:28:49 pm

Thank you very much, I'll post the screenshot as soon as I can. Anyway, I used the default options of PAL Widescreen. MPEG-2/DVD format and PCM audio (maybe it's better Dolby?). The only thing I changed was the quality (I set maximum quality).

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Problems exporting timeline from Premiere CS5 to Encore CS5
by on Jun 14, 2016 at 6:32:50 pm

Rule #1: Defaults are the defaults for a reason, meaning those are the most appropriate settings for "most instances". Human nature is to automatically set all sliders to "Max Quality" but there may or may not be any benefit to doing this. So when trying something new, start with the defaults before you being playing with a bunch of settings that could have unforeseen consequences.

About audio - exporting PCM creates a .wav file (uncompressed). By default, Encore will actually transcode that to Dolby for you, unless you have changed the Encore project settings to use PCM audio.

Thanks

Jeff

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]