ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

aspect ratio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris artisaspect ratio
by on Jun 13, 2016 at 1:54:08 am

im trying to create a preview trailer for instagram the demension is 1280x1280 in premiere pro cs6, when i create th sequence i get a black box on the top and bottom of the video. im trying to take snap shots of the video to make borders with in photoshop. once im in photoshop a create a new document with the 1280x1280 demension and create the borders, the problem im having is when i put the borders in premiere the demensions dont fit my video. thanks in advance
for your advice!

Return to posts index

chris artisRe: aspect ratio
by on Jun 13, 2016 at 2:01:16 am

here is a sample of what im trying do!

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: aspect ratio
by on Jun 13, 2016 at 1:10:21 pm

Hi Chris. Premiere Pro normally expects folks to set up their sequence (timeline) in a standard deliverable aspect ratio.

I presume you selected an HD720p resolution (1280x720 progressive scan) sequence (timeline) whether or not you realized you did that. Because that is the format of the sequence, when you go to render ti will fill the unused space with black letterboxing (top and bottom) or windowboxing (sides).

To avoid this you must set your custom resolution wither when you create the timeline, or change the values when you render. For example, when you get ready to render, go to the video tab, unlink the horizontal and vertical resolution, and change them to the output you desire.

I pretty much always work in standard aspect ratios, so I don't do what you are doing. If Premiere Pro refuses to accept your change in aspect ratio, you can always set up a 1280x1280 comp in After Effects and render your final deliverable from there. But I think Premiere Pro will let you do it without that step.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: aspect ratio
by on Jun 13, 2016 at 12:55:57 pm

Is your sequence set to use square pixels? You can check in Sequence Settings.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 13, 2016 at 1:44:01 pm

I figured it out last night and that's exactly what I needed to do! Thanks for responding!

Return to posts index

by on Jun 13, 2016 at 2:05:03 pm

Thank you guys, mr John I will try it the way you explained as well!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]