ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Frequent bad exports from Premiere and AME CC2016

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver PetersFrequent bad exports from Premiere and AME CC2016
by on Jun 9, 2016 at 9:22:20 pm

I don't know if others are running into this, but I'm constantly experiencing busted exports. It takes numerous attempts to get a good export at times. There is no rhyme or reason.

I've run into this on numerous machines, both Mac and PC. Right now the main machine is a 2010 Mac Pro 12-core, 32GB RAM, Sapphire 7950 GPU card. Media is generally C300 native, but other codecs mixed in. Usually 1080p/23.98 sequences. Export formats include, DNxHD MXF, ProRes QT, MPEG2, and H264/MP4.

The problems I encounter include:

1. Failed exports in both PPro and AME. However in AME, when I change the GPU setting to software instead of GPU accelerated, I usually get the export to go all the way through without a fail. Although the export might not be correct (#2 and #3).

2. Even "successful" exports sometimes have Lumetri color filters shifted. IOW, it will miss one or two clip (no color correction applied) and then the next few clips look like the color correction has now been doubled up. It's as if those few filters were shifted a few clips later on top of the filters already on these next clips.

3. On some "successful" exports, sometimes the VO drops out of the mix halfway through. This leaves music only for the rest of the file. Often this goes away after I exit and relaunch Premiere. Then I'll get an export with the proper mix.

4. A common element with many of these bad exports is that I will have an adjustment layer with timecode on the top video track.

5. If I get the timeline to render all the way through and export with "use previews", it's usually completely successful.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Oki PienandoroRe: Frequent bad exports from Premiere and AME CC2016
by on Jun 10, 2016 at 11:45:28 am

This might not be helpful, but i encounter similar problem as you (failed export) in the past (CS 6 ? CC ?..Honestly i forgot).
No problem in sequence timeline whatsoever, even can render preview.
And it failed to export at random frames/time.
Even then, the render using preview is glitchy, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Turn out the culprit is because i use a mixed codec in timeline that Premiere didn't like (but not reporting error)
The culprit was a M2T files that coming from Sony HVR-Z Series (i forgot which version).

To be fair, the camera that being used is old (perhaps firmware issues ?), and it's being service couple of times (sensor issues).

After converting the problematic files into "regular" codec (ProRes/Cineform/DNxHD/H.264), it solve the problem.

Also, i recently have issue with CC2014 that failed to render certain mixed codec files (DNxHD files that overlap with Cineform with Alpha were offline on export), turns out the issue is within dynamic linking in AME.
So i disabled "Import Sequence Natively" on AME, and it work again.

------------------------------------------
Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

Peter FerlingRe: Frequent bad exports from Premiere and AME CC2016
by on Jun 10, 2016 at 8:47:51 pm

I'm old school and avoid mixed codec's in a single project. Just like the big houses, I convert all incoming media to OP1a MXF for video, Wav for audio and PSD for stills, (I have watch folders set up in AME for most of this, and run batch scripts in Photoshop for stills). It's all native within PPro and renders faster than realtime (google smart rendering in Adobe).

Sometimes the issue is corrupt cache/audio conform files. Therefore, you might want to clean out the data cache and allow new conforms and temp files to be re-created prior to exporting. You might also want to run a disk check. You never know.

Return to posts index

Thomas NordRe: Frequent bad exports from Premiere and AME CC2016
by on Jul 13, 2016 at 7:09:32 pm
Last Edited By Thomas Nord on Jul 13, 2016 at 9:25:49 pm

I am with the AME QE team and would like to follow up on the issues you are reporting. Could you please email me so we can discuss them further? Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]