ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Export takes too long and file does not play

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zan KhanExport takes too long and file does not play
by on Apr 16, 2016 at 1:20:45 pm

I am new at Premiere Pro. I am able to edit (just started few weeks ago) but now when I exported my 9 minutes film, it took 4 hours. First I exported in AVI format and the film view was small (not full screen). File size was 2 GB. Then I exported in H.264 BluRay and it still took same time (file size came 1.7 GB) , it also gave error after 95% and now when I am plying it, it does not play in all players. On one it successfully played but I can't forward or rewind because it stops the video.
Any help?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Export takes too long and file does not play
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 2:39:53 pm

Hi Zan,

What are the specs of your computer system? A 9-minute video should not take much longer than that to export unless there are very complex effects involved, or the computer is very underpowered.

What format is the source video, for instance "1080p AVCHD from my camcorder"?

Sequence Settings used? Any effects/filters applied to video, like Warp Stabilizer?

When you export using the default .avi setting, that is "uncompressed" and creates massive files, you don't want to use that. And you should also not be using the Blu-ray format unless making a Blu-ray. For general computer viewing, choose H.264 as Format, and a Preset that matches the footage, like "YouTube 1080p 29.97" or something

Can you post a screen shot of the Export Settings panel for review? That is usually very helpful in troubleshooting these things.

Thank you

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]