ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Using "-t" arguments in WebM Plugin, no multithread when rendering? Losing my mind figuring it out...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas BrigantinoUsing "-t" arguments in WebM Plugin, no multithread when rendering? Losing my mind figuring it out...
by on Mar 5, 2016 at 4:47:07 am

Hi,

Just some background on footage:

Two 10s clips 3840x2160 60fps exported from After Effects in uncompressed AVI format.
One 10min clip 2560x1440 60fps H.264 screen capture using Open Broadcast Software.

I have been having a heck of a time trying to figure out the best Codec for YouTube and I finally came across, what I think to be, the appropriate encoding format for upload. There are no errors of out of sync, nothing stating I should have processed for streaming and it processes all the way through without getting stuck on 95%. When I rendered out in WebM none of those issues surfaced and it took me an ungodly long time to figure it out as I am still learning proper workflow with multiple file formats.

The most recent challenge is slow processing and I know the 3840x2160 60fps output is heavy and it seems Handbrake uses all of my CPU's which are Two i7 3960X 3.3 but for some reason the arguments I put into the Text Area in WebM plugin just doesn't seem to take and I can't figure it out.

I tried variations of -t, --cpu-used, --good and I am at a loss.

I am not sure if it is the mixed formats or my command line syntax is off, I have no idea...

If you can share any guidance on how to fix this or if you think I should fix my entire approach with a better workflow, I would follow that tune in a heartbeat...

Thanks in advanced for any shared guidance...

Thomas

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Using "-t" arguments in WebM Plugin, no multithread when rendering? Losing my mind figuring it out...
by on Mar 5, 2016 at 6:36:56 am

Have you tried using the H264 presets for youtube?

Return to posts index

Thomas BrigantinoRe: Using "-t" arguments in WebM Plugin, no multithread when rendering? Losing my mind figuring it out...
by on Mar 5, 2016 at 12:44:24 pm

I have an it just causes issues. WebM is the way to go.

Return to posts index

Brendan BollesRe: Using "-t" arguments in WebM Plugin, no multithread when rendering? Losing my mind figuring it out...
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 8:27:17 pm

The WebM plug-in defaults to the VP9 codec, which is pretty darn slow. It also defaults to 2 passes, which takes longer and the first pass is single-threaded.

You can speed things up by turning off 2-pass and using the VP8 codec instead. The price will be some loss of image quality, but you could try increasing the data rate to compensate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]