ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Multicam sync with shorter Cam 2 clips

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David DeanMulticam sync with shorter Cam 2 clips
by on Feb 27, 2016 at 10:28:55 pm

Hi, everyone - I'm reasonably new to PP CC 2015 after decades of Avid & FCP7, and trying to create a multicam workflow for the first time. Online tutorials have been extremely helpful about how to use markers, in-points and audio waveforms for creating a multicam clip to work with, but they all assume that you've got clips of similar length. Now I'm faced with a situation where Cam A is running for all 45 minutes of an interview, and Cam B stops and starts six or seven times (and no matching timecode or sync markers when Cam B starts up again). This would seem to be a common situation, but I don't know if there's a streamlined way to create a 45-minute clip with the B Cam clips popping up when they're supposed to. THANK YOU! David

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Multicam sync with shorter Cam 2 clips
by on Mar 2, 2016 at 2:32:52 am

If both cameras were recording audio then just select all the clips, right click, choose Create Multi-camera Source Sequence, use sync by Audio. This will put the B cam clips where they belong next to the A cam clips. The only annoying thing is that the B cam clips will be spread out over multiple video tracks (the first one on V2, the next clip on V3, the next clip on V4, etc.,) and you'll have to drag all the clips down to the same video track and then delete the now empty tracks.

Adobe needs to add a feature so we can say "all these clips are from B cam so please put them all on the same video track" but that hasn't appeared yet.

Return to posts index

David DeanRe: Multicam sync with shorter Cam 2 clips
by on Mar 2, 2016 at 7:02:13 pm

Thank you for responding, Andrew. Actually I've been trying that method all week with no success. Most of the other two-camera segments have been easily syncing using the Audio method, but in this case, I have a 45-minute continuous take from an A and B camera, and if I just sync the two of them using waveforms, it works. As soon as I try to add the third camera (which is only used in this one scene), I get the "Could not synchronize because a match could not be found" message. So instead I've been creating subclips of the long take that match the C cam shots, and using the Marker method to create 3-camera multiclips. It's worked, but it just takes a little extra effort. And I'm not complaining, because this whole multiclip-creation process is SO much easier than what I've had to do in the past. So all is well for now; thanks!

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Multicam sync with shorter Cam 2 clips
by on Mar 3, 2016 at 6:24:11 pm

That's surprising that one camera won't sync but the others will. Did the C Cam not record audio?

Return to posts index

David DeanRe: Multicam sync with shorter Cam 2 clips
by on Mar 4, 2016 at 9:47:55 pm

Yes, it did, which is why it was surprising that the audio method didn't work. But the "can't find a match" error message was consistent. But as I say, it's all successfully multicammed now, using all the synching methods available. Thanks for continuing to respond!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]