ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

creating regions in the trimmer?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Neighborscreating regions in the trimmer?
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 12:10:14 am

I'm a long-time Vegas editor trying to learn Premiere. My workflow in Vegas is heavily reliant on creating and labeling regions in the trimmer that are then embedded in the clip with meta data and visible in the clip when it is placed on the timeline. Is this possible in Premiere? I can see that M drops a Marker which is visible in the clip and I can go into the marker properties and label it, but the label is not visible without double clicking into the marker.
In Vegas, this is how I note what was said in one part of an interview (for example). I can then easily scan through any interview that I've "logged" with regions and find any byte that I'm looking for as I build my edit. How do you accomplish this in Premiere? What would be the workflow for editing an interview?

Also, is it possible to change my preferences so that scrolling the mouse zooms in -not on where the mouse is, but where the cursor is? ..and preferably without having to hold down the alt key?

I realize I'm probably just trying to turn Premiere into Vegas as much as I can, but these couple things would really help me hit the ground running with Premiere.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: creating regions in the trimmer?
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 5:20:58 am

By default a marker is only one frame in duration. You can make the marker have a longer duration and write a description in it so it's easier to see when at a glance.

Return to posts index

Tim NeighborsRe: creating regions in the trimmer?
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 11:20:02 pm

Thanks for the reply. Am I going about this the wrong way? How would an experienced Premiere editor edit (for example) an interview? Would he/she create subclips from the best bytes and then drop those subclips on the timeline as needed? Sorry for the rookie questions.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: creating regions in the trimmer?
by on Mar 22, 2016 at 2:15:28 pm

It would depend on the editor/assistant editor and his/her personal workflow for doing interviews.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]