ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

cutting corner of an image or video in premiere pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Howcutting corner of an image or video in premiere pro
by on Feb 15, 2016 at 10:27:50 pm

Hello I would not normally post here but I'm having some real stupid difficulty with cutting the corners of a picture or and video. so you see I want to evenly trim all the corners into a octagonal shape like this in premiere pro easily... please help I can't find anything that can help me so far :( https://i1.creativecow.net/u-upload.php#

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: cutting corner of an image or video in premiere pro
by on Feb 16, 2016 at 3:45:32 pm

Perhaps create a Mask image in Photoshop. White parts represent Opaque and black areas for transparent. Make it the size of your Sequence, such as 1920x1080 pixels. So you would create a white octagon on black background.

Put a background image or video on V1, put overlay video (that you want the cutout from) on V2 and apply Track Matte Key to it, and put Mask image on V3. In effects setup, set Matte to Video3, and Composite using LUMA.(See image)

If set up correctly, this should put an octagonal video over whatever background you have in place on V1.

In my sample image, I combined red and yellow using the matte. Note that areas of gray will have varying levels of transparency, providing a blend of V1 and V2 images.

Note that if the V2 clip is animated, that of course will move your masking for interesting results. Or change opacity over time, many options.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

by on Feb 16, 2016 at 3:51:08 pm

Or, use an 8 or 16-point Garbage Matte and just manually draw out the shape right in Premiere. Also, I just created a white over black image in Premiere Titler and that also works as the Mask image, many ways to get the job done.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

by on Feb 16, 2016 at 3:56:44 pm

Just went to Google and searched "Alpha Mask" and chose Images, wow there are a ton of shapes available. Think of it like a cookie-cutter for video

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]