ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Consolidation Question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick LavonConsolidation Question
by on Jan 30, 2016 at 3:11:05 pm

Hi-

Coming to Premiere Pro from FCP7/X... I am having a hard time trying to consolidate projects and seek some help. I keep getting the following error message-

"Transcode failure unable to match audio channels"

I have a 5 minute sequence of mostly XDCAM clips with some ProRes QT's ( each 1hr. long). When I select "collect files" option, I am getting a consolidate folder size of over 100GB. if I choose "individual clips" and transcode to ProRes, I get an estimated consolidated folder size of 4.5GB. Also get the above message, and everything gets copied, and the final consolidated folder is well over 100GB.

So I have not been able to successfully consolidate any projects so far. Also, According to a Larry Jordan tutorial, entire clips are copied, not just the portions used in a sequence. What gives?...If I use :15 seconds of an hour long clip why am I forced to use just that amount?

Can someone explain the correct workflow to use to avoid the above error message?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Consolidation Question
by on Jan 30, 2016 at 4:04:33 pm

Have you changed your default audio import from the preferences? For example if you have a 4 track mono file but you've set Premiere to read tracks as stereo pairs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]