ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Super easy question, sorry!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul CampbellSuper easy question, sorry!
by on Dec 19, 2015 at 1:25:36 pm

Guys, I'm looking all over for this. When I'm zoomed in on something in the editing window above the timeline, how do I move around to look at other things while I'm zoomed? In Photoshop, I would just hold the shift bar down and then click-drag, but the shift bar here causes the playback to start. I can't seem to find the proper key combo to hold while click-dragging.

Super simple I'm sure. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee this morning. Ugh.

Return to posts index

Paul CampbellRe: Super easy question, sorry!
by on Dec 19, 2015 at 2:10:29 pm

I used incorrect terminology in my post. It's the Program Monitor where I'm looking to move around while zoomed, not Editing Window as I stated.

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Super easy question, sorry!
by on Dec 19, 2015 at 2:48:41 pm

Would be nice if they would incorporate that functionality, but alas, you must resort to the scroll bars at the right and bottom of the monitor.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

by on Dec 19, 2015 at 3:01:53 pm

Thanks, Steve. Unfortunately, I don't have any scrolls on my PM. I'd be perfectly content using them if I had them :-)

There's got to be some setting that I just don't have switched on to see these scrollbars, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 19, 2015 at 3:05:50 pm

Disregard!!! My workspace colors are all close shades of black, and I just couldn't see those bars. Now it's time to figure out how to change the contrast a little. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Super easy question, sorry!
by on Dec 19, 2015 at 8:19:06 pm

Use the hand tool.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 19, 2015 at 8:22:02 pm

Dammit to hell. It was there staring me in the friggin face the whole time. Like I said, simple question, simple answer. Really, I don't know how much more like a hand that hand tool could've looked. Ugh. Thanks for this.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 20, 2015 at 12:19:33 am

I'll just quietly skulk away...

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
Steve Brame

Return to posts index

by on Dec 21, 2015 at 12:43:55 pm

I spoke too soon. The Hand Tool actually moves your media around inside the frame, it doesn't simply move your viewport, such as in Photoshop.

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Super easy question, sorry!
by on Dec 22, 2015 at 7:35:45 pm

Never mind. Answered the wrong question... :o

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]