ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Can't duplicate a sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard MilesCan't duplicate a sequence
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 7:58:33 pm

I am having a strange problem where I can't duplicate any sequences in a specific folder. When I right click on a sequence I don't get the drop down menu.

If I duplicate that folder, the can get the right click menu on the sequences in the new folder and I can be duplicated.

I figure it's something I've turned off somewhere.

Any suggestions?

I'm running the latest PPro CC 2015.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: Can't duplicate a sequence
by on Dec 9, 2015 at 2:40:02 pm

Highlight the sequence in the Project window. Go to the Edit menu at the top bar and see if Duplicate is in the list there.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Can't duplicate a sequence
by on Dec 9, 2015 at 3:52:23 pm

Open your Sequence, Select All and Copy All (Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C). Open a NEW sequence, and Paste (Ctrl + V). Copies entire contents of sequence into another.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

RJ MilesRe: Can't duplicate a sequence
by on Dec 9, 2015 at 5:51:46 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was trying to determine why these sequences are not behaving as they should as far as right clicking for the pull down menu. I didn't want to assume they were corrupted.

Return to posts index

Dave CooperRe: Can't duplicate a sequence
by on Dec 18, 2015 at 3:15:45 pm

Hi RJ,

Just so you don't feel alone here, I'm having the exact same issue with a project of mine. Very frustrating and strange. It happened right after I updated to the latest version of Premiere.

No solution yet...

Dave

Return to posts index

by on Dec 18, 2015 at 3:22:34 pm

I would follow up and say, it's a random occurrence. I have been able to get the pull down menu happening one second and not the next. I'm not sure what I'm doing differently when it works and when it doesn't, such as exact mouse placement, or number of attempts, or clicking fast or slow. Weird.

Return to posts index

Gregory DavidRe: Can't duplicate a sequence
by on Dec 22, 2015 at 5:38:07 pm

It's not random for me. I'm so tired of adobe pulling the rug from under my feet. I don't want relearn how use my edit and photo apps every couple of months. This is my last year paying for these "features".

Return to posts index

Lauren OholendtRe: Can't duplicate a sequence
by on Jan 8, 2016 at 7:43:00 am

Hi all, I just updated to Premiere 2015.1 and immediately started having this exact issue. I cannot right-click or control click on any sequence within the project list, which is frustrating because I maintain versions and constantly duplicate sequences. Adobe where are you on this?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 8, 2016 at 12:22:31 pm

I have found... it might be the location of the mouse pointer. I find if I move around while trying to right click, I sometimes get access to the pull down menu.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 8, 2016 at 1:59:20 pm

BTW... I also posted a message about this issue on the AE Mail-List Server which is frequented by a number of Adobe folks. I asked if they could bring this to the attention of a PPro team member.

Return to posts index

Lauren OholendtRe: Can't duplicate a sequence
by on Jan 8, 2016 at 7:06:50 pm

Cool, thanks for doing that. A workaround I'm using in the meantime, which is still annoying but it works, bring a non-sequence item into the bin, then multi-select both your sequence and that item-- right click/ ctrl menu comes up immediately.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 8, 2016 at 7:14:46 pm

Thanks for that tip.

A few other members on the list experience the same issue. I was given this link for anyone (everyone) to use to report the issue to Adobe. The way Adobe works, the more people that post on a particular issue, the sooner it might get resolved. Some things get resolved real fast, other not so much. :(

So Please feel free to use the link below to file a report.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form
http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

RJ
Mactunes

Return to posts index

George BoydRe: Can't duplicate a sequence
by on Jan 21, 2016 at 7:55:43 pm

Experienced this issue, however my workaround I enjoy more than the right click.

Highlight selected sequence then click (Alt/Option + D)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]