ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Holding the last frame of a sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony AmbroseHolding the last frame of a sequence
by on Nov 27, 2015 at 6:48:14 am

I have some text on the screen at the end of my video that I would like to remain on the screen so I've been trying to figure out how to hold the very last frame of a sequence, but I can only seem to find instructions on how to hold a frame somewhere within a sequence.

Basically, I would like the video to end without going to a black screen and instead show the last frame with the text. I realize I can change the duration of the clip but I was wondering if it's possible to just freeze the clip on the last frame without going to black. As I'm typing this, I realize this may be a problem when putting the video on a DVD -- once the video finishes playing, would the menu appear?

This has to be super simple and I'm totally missing how to do it or there's a very good reason why I'm not able to do it.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Holding the last frame of a sequence
by on Nov 27, 2015 at 1:00:03 pm

How long do you need the frame to hold? Export the final frame to a PNG, then drag that to the end of your timeline, stretching it out for as long as you need it to hold.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Anthony AmbroseRe: Holding the last frame of a sequence
by on Nov 27, 2015 at 11:19:52 pm

Thanks Steve. That's exactly what I ended up doing. I was initially wondering if it was possible to just have the footage end and show that last frame indefinitely but then I realized there has to be an "end" somewhere when creating the DVD. I was thinking more along the lines of the video playing in something like YouTube or Vimeo and once it got to the end, the last frame would remain in the player. That seems to work for those players but when authoring a DVD, the clip needs an "end action" therefore it can't freeze on the last frame. Right? I'm confused... but at least it's doing what I want. :)

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Holding the last frame of a sequence
by on Nov 28, 2015 at 10:35:44 am

[Anthony Ambrose] "That seems to work for those players but when authoring a DVD, the clip needs an "end action" therefore it can't freeze on the last frame. Right?"

You can make an end action to go to a sequence where you have the still image looped. How well it loops depends on the player but I'd probably make it a 30 second clip or something like that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]