ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Interlaced AVCHD clips in progressive sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles GliddenInterlaced AVCHD clips in progressive sequence
by on Nov 5, 2015 at 7:04:18 pm

Hi everyone.
After more than a year of learning and editing my first Premiere Pro project of any significance I realize that due to my amateur ignorance I have put AVCHD interlaced files into progressive sequences. I guess that's what that red line and rendering that takes forever was about.

The project is just about finished. We are a small business and this educational video is intended for deliverary on DVD which I will have authored and replicated at a DVD third party facility. We also want to make it available for streaming i.e from Amazon.

I have rendered and exported the project out to various formats (Quicktime;mp4) and viewed it on a big screen TV connected to the laptop by HDMI. The video looks good. We have shown the video to a few groups to get feed back and we got positive reviews, including the video quality.

Discovering that I have mismatched the sequence setting and the clip at this late stage, my question is this:
Is it necessary (worth it) for me to go back and correct this mismatch by either modifying the clips in the project panel to make them progressive or copying the clips in the mismatched sequence and pasting them into a new corrected sequence. Am I going to get better quality by doing this or at this point in the game is it just as good to make the computer work its butt off rendering it for the final cut for the little work I have left.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]