ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Auto-Save not working / only so many save files???

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff FriahAuto-Save not working / only so many save files???
by on Sep 3, 2015 at 3:17:14 pm

Hi - had an interesting issue yesterday. I SWEAR the auto-save was coming up on the screen as expected (for me, every 2 minutes). I had an application crash and when I went back to open an auto-save... the latest one was over TWO HOURS previous. It had kept all 20 of my save files, the number I've chosen, but does the program not keep going and save over the oldest ones so that it keeps up-to-date???

That hurt having to go back two hours. Yes, I'm making reminders for myself to save often since I do rely on app auto-saves when I'm in frantic work mode.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Jeff

"Sounds good!....I think?"

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: Auto-Save not working / only so many save files???
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 1:54:36 pm

Did you check the AutoSave files by Date Modified? They don't go in order according to their file number. For example;
my AutoSave_1 file was from Yesterday 3:15pm,
my AutoSave_10 file was from Sept 8,
and my AutoSave_8 file was from Today 9:17am

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Ken JonesRe: Auto-Save not working / only so many save files???
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 2:09:10 pm

Yes I did check by the Date Modified. It's weird because some projects have this problem while others do not. My project that has this problem is an older, long-form project that was started a few months ago. Adobe has gone through a couple of Premiere updates since I started the project. After software updates the software tells me "This project was saved from a previous version of Adobe Premiere and must be converted." Maybe that has something to do with the issue?

Return to posts index

Jeff FriahRe: Auto-Save not working / only so many save files???
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 2:44:23 pm

I've been keeping an eye on yesterday's project and it seems now that it does, in fact, keep my "20" auto saves, and goes back after 20 to 1 and writes over those. Which is the CORRECT way. This is the same project, just... a different day. Go figure.

I HAVE done a Premiere CC update since that time, perhaps they noted the issue and fixed it.

Jeff

"Sounds good!....I think?"

Return to posts index

Ken JonesRe: Auto-Save not working / only so many save files???
by on Sep 6, 2015 at 2:06:35 am

The exact same thing has happened to me. Now I'm just manually saving every time I think of it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]