ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

file navigation/selection question: adobe or Mac issue?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberryfile navigation/selection question: adobe or Mac issue?
by on Aug 28, 2015 at 5:40:37 pm

this has been happening for a LONG time, and i finally figured i would try to track down the answer.

when importing files into AE or Premiere, i used to be able to click, "import", then navigate to a folder, drill down as deep as needed, selected a file or files, and it would import. now as soon as i selected the first folder...it imports the entire folder! i can only select either a file or folder in that very first selection window. no way to select even a file or folder withing another folder.

my workaround for the longest time has been to NOT use the import feature, but instead just go to Finder, find the file(s) and/or folder(s) and drag it into Premiere. . . though this method does NOT work for AE. for that, i drag an individual file to my desktop, and then go through the import process, pointing to my desktop.

convuluted, yes...but does it sound familiar? i'm guessing there is a terribly easy fix for this. anyone?

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]