ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

export - quicktime

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Dalyexport - quicktime
by on Jul 21, 2015 at 11:32:42 pm

New to Premiere Pro, exporting using Quicktime. I have rendered everything on the time line [green] time of the film is 28:31, it takes all night. Seems excess. I am thinking I am missing something. I am leaving everything basic as is, not sure if I should change anything. Not sure what information I can give to help figure out the best way for exporting. [I'm so used to FCP] still learning

Return to posts index

jerry wiseRe: export - quicktime
by on Jul 22, 2015 at 8:32:15 pm

in your Export Settings uncheck "render at max depth", uncheck "use max render quality" uncheck "use frame blending".
but DO check "use previews"

Return to posts index

Suzin DalyRe: export - quicktime
by on Jul 22, 2015 at 10:24:40 pm

Thank you for responding and giving some instructions...it is so appreciated...

The strangest thing happened after my panic attack of desperation.... after my first experience of 28:30 taking all night to render. The next one stopped at 23%..I cancelled. Here is what is strange...today I tried again and got all 4 - 28:30 shows rendered to .mov - all seemed to go smooth and at what seems reasonable time frame. I think just over an hour each. Big difference from 12 hours on the first. I have no bloody idea why. I didn't do anything different, except cry a lot, pray deeply.

Looking at your suggestions, max render Q. was unchecked, frame blending was also unchecked ---Use previews is also unchecked - out of curiosity what does that do? Next time I will check it. What I left checked, it is a default - 'key frame every 90 frames', I have no idea what that is? I just basically left the defaults until I understand more before changing anything. I did have Source range 'Entire Sequence' I do check that output and source so they match. Next time I will check use previews...see how it goes.

Could the processor, graphic card or something along those lines not be strong enough?

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: export - quicktime
by on Jul 23, 2015 at 6:47:46 pm

If its the i frame only mpeg codec in the sequence is used you dont check the Use Preview feature.
I frame only mpeg is a preview codec and of lesser quality.
If its proress its ok to use that feature.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

by on Jul 23, 2015 at 7:06:54 pm

Thanks for adding more information...

Sz

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: export - quicktime
by on Jul 23, 2015 at 9:50:27 pm

[Suzin Daly] "Could the processor, graphic card or something along those lines not be strong enough?"

Absolutely! But also it seems to 'though I haven't verified it with an experiment that Adobe Media Encoder (AME) is faster than PP's export. After you choose to make the movie (CMD-M), then the QUEUE button will send the edit to AME. In there, getting the details of your deliverable is very import.

How many effects (color correction) and motion adjustments do you have on your video?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 23, 2015 at 10:13:16 pm

I have not used AME, I will explore. No colour correction or any special effects. I do appreciate taking the time for suggestions.
Do a test Friday see how it goes. Thanks again Sz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]