ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere MXF Configuration problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo TabosaPremiere MXF Configuration problem
by on Jul 7, 2015 at 10:36:20 am

Hello,

I'm having trouble optimize Premiere CC (2014) to give me the same editing workflow that I had with FCP7.
I made my migration from FCP7 a few months ago, and I still don't understand where is the menu that allow premiere to use the maximum processing capabilities of the new MacPro.

I used to transcode everything to Prores before edit, the editing session was flawless and smooth because ProRes is a very easy to work and stable codec.

Now with Premiere, I stop doing it because the software is famous for play all the codecs in realtime, so I bought a new MacPro to make sure I don't have problems decoding the heavy codecs (AVCHD; MXF).

But Premiere is terrible with scrub in the timeline specially with AVCHD files. Even with ProRes files is not as good as FCP7.
I work with 15/20 hours footage by weekly project, scrubbing is a very important tool.

Since I had installed the Calibrated MXF plugin I return to my old NLE running on a late 2011 Macbook Pro and I had NO problem editing or scrubbing in a MXF timeline. No freeze frames, neither strobe playback.

So the problem should be the software.

Can anyone help understand this problem? Am I missing some configuration, or is Premiere performance?
My current solution is transcode everything and lose one precious day of edit work.

(I know those codecs are very heavy to work, but when I downgrade the workstation had no problem editing)

Appreciate all the information you could share.
Thank you all.

- 3.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor
- 12GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC memory
- Dual AMD FirePro D300 with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM each

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere MXF Configuration problem
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 3:53:40 am

AVCHD is a shitty non-optimized codec that somehow still exists. It's pretty much the only codec I would transcode these days.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]