ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere crashes on every launch attempt while other CC products launch fine

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott WitthausPremiere crashes on every launch attempt while other CC products launch fine
by on Jun 27, 2015 at 12:27:10 pm

As per the suggestions by Adobe folk who hang out over in the FCPX forum, I am posting this problem here (although I seem to get faster responses on my Premiere questions over on the X forum! Go figure). Full disclosure: I don't like Pr. IMHO, the interface is bad and the edit process is slow (to name just two). But I know it well enough but use it only when I have been hired by or at a place that is CC only. Love AE, but don't like that interface either. OK, disclosure over.

I am doing some Adobe work this summer, mainly some basic AE work (but enough volume to keep me going for a couple more months). I use X as my go-to editor but needed to fire up Premiere for this project. After creating and saving some text presets in AE, I went over Pr and it crashed on launch. Every time, seemingly at a different spot in launch. Sent all the crash reports to Adobe and got the message that Adobe could not find a workaround. Thanks to Walter, Oliver and Kevin I tried a few more things; trash prefs, rebuilt permissions, etc. No joy. The thing is the other CC offerings I use (AE, PS) all launch and run fine on the same system. Only Pr does not like something there. I have the new update sitting there, but I am nervous about updating in the middle of a large, long term project. Thoughts? Why does it seem only one CC offering has a problem with this system?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Robert WithersRe: Premiere crashes on every launch attempt while other CC products launch fine
by on Jun 28, 2015 at 5:37:27 pm

You probably tried uninstalling and redownloading, reinstalling. You can install older versions. I just went through this process with PR CC "2013" version 7.2.2.

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Premiere crashes on every launch attempt while other CC products launch fine
by on Jul 1, 2015 at 7:26:57 pm

Save a backup of your project file, update PP, and hopefully the new version fixes it. You can keep both versions of PP in case the updated PP introduces more problems, but it's hard to have a worse problem than your project not even opening.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]