ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

"creating a slideshow" - wanting to "take this bin of photos and fill it to this length of music track"

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Friah"creating a slideshow" - wanting to "take this bin of photos and fill it to this length of music track"
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 3:57:14 pm

Hi folks; not even sure what to call it or I'd be doing Google searches.

I've been given a task to create a DVD looper for a client and there's a track of music of X length. In a photo software, I'd simply direct the 'slides' to play to fill length of music track and add the 'Ken Burns' etc.

However, in Premiere, can anyone steer me in the right direction? And, yes, this has to be done in Premiere hahaha.

Putting each photo in, creating transition, adding next photo, creating transition... and trying to fit them to time will be... challenging (and not time-efficient)

Thanks for any input!

Jeff

"Sounds good!....I think?"

Return to posts index

Tom PriggeRe: "creating a slideshow" - wanting to "take this bin of photos and fill it to this length of music track"
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 5:16:25 pm

Take the number of seconds the music lasts. Divide that number by how many pictures you have. That will tell you how long, how many seconds, each picture needs to last (I'm assuming you want each picture to last the same amount of time) Before you import your pictures, change the still picture duration in preferences to however long each picture needs to be. The default is 5 seconds. When you import them, they'll be the correct length.

Of course, if I misunderstood your question, ignore this.

Return to posts index

Jeff FriahRe: "creating a slideshow" - wanting to "take this bin of photos and fill it to this length of music track"
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 8:07:15 pm

Thanks - both pieces of info help. However, it's 25 photos and the music is looped to create a 10 minute "piece" - so I forgot to mention that the photos can't be "mind-numbingly boring slow fades" so that 25 photos over 10 minutes misses client eyeballs.

But that helps - how I can assign some default still image lengths when importing.

Thank you
Jeff

"Sounds good!....I think?"

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: "creating a slideshow" - wanting to "take this bin of photos and fill it to this length of music track"
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 6:32:40 pm

There's a photo montage plugin that seems to do it for you. A little pricey, but if it saves you a lot of time, it should be worth it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]