ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Organizing Adobe Premier work. Where to hold the pool of frequently used best clips?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lopici GasparOrganizing Adobe Premier work. Where to hold the pool of frequently used best clips?
by on Jun 21, 2015 at 6:21:31 am

Organizing Adobe Premier work. Where to hold the pool of frequently used best clips?

Have hundreds of hours of raw videos of all kinds (HD, SD, 1-50 min).

My final Adobe Premiere outputs are to be 10 different videos, each about 3 min. The core content of these videos are quite similar (all show animals), the main difference is the sequential arrangement of and length of the individual scenes, although sometimes there may be a completely new scene For example:

final video output 1.: dog-dog2-cat-horse
final video output 2.: cat-horse-dog-fish
final video output 3.: cat-dog2-fish-fish2

When editing together a final video, instead of searching the entire hundreds of hours every time for the best dog, etc. scenes, I want to create a "holder" or whatever is its name (is it called a sequence or project or timeline or else...?) where, over time, I collect the best 10-20 dog scenes. Then, another "holder" that contains the best 10-20 cat scenes, and so on for about 100 different animals in 100 different "holders" -- each would hold nothing else but only the best and most usable scenes of that particular animal, with the rest of the raw video ripple deleted. (For example, 10 different dog laughs scenes each 3-10 sec long - the best dog laughs of 500 hours of videos.)

This way to make a new final 3 min video, it is very easy to pull the best dog or whatever other animal scenes I want from that particular "holder" into the final video timeline.

Any advice how this should be structured and executed? How I make such frequently used best clip "holders" and how I pick up one or more scenes from that "holder" and include in the final video?

Return to posts index

Craig HowardRe: Organizing Adobe Premier work. Where to hold the pool of frequently used best clips?
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 5:44:15 am

Create Subclips arranged in Named and organised Bins

Craig Howard
Shooter Film Company
Auckland
New Zealand

Adobe CC2014 Suite, Resolve
Windows 7-64 bit:Assus P6T Deluxe Mob, 24 GB BM SDI Decklink, . HD Workflows

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]