ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to tell if export is still working?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin BullHow to tell if export is still working?
by on May 21, 2015 at 9:16:42 pm

Hi All,

I'm exporting a feature out of Premiere and it's been going for eight hours now. For the first chunk, it was plugging along, but for the past two hours it has lagged at the 73% marker.

Now it's not showing any beach balls and if I go to force quit (Mac Os), the program is still responding. So, all signs point towards something is still working under the hood.

But is there a way I can really know for sure? I'd hate to go to bed with hopes this is all on track and wake up tomorrow to find it still stuck at 73%.

And, of course, I have a screening scheduled for tomorrow. Great planning on my part, I know.

Thanks for any and all advice! Specs below.

Best,
Justin Bull

Macbook Pro Retina 15 inch
2.5 ghz Intel Core i7
16gb 1600 mhz ddr3
NVidia GeForce GT 750m 2048mb
Currently exporting out of Adobe CS6, but I do have Adobe Premiere CC if that might prove a better option.

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: How to tell if export is still working?
by on May 21, 2015 at 9:21:46 pm

If I have linked After Effects comps in the timeline, sometimes my renders stall out until I actually switch to AE and back to Premiere, at which point the render re-starts. I know it sounds crazy, but if you have linked After Effects comps in the timeline, try opening After Effects, and then switching back into Premiere to see if that jumpstarts things.

Return to posts index

Justin BullRe: How to tell if export is still working?
by on May 21, 2015 at 9:54:46 pm

Hi Blaise,

Thanks for the suggestion. I launched After Effects, but no dice. Do you mean just a straight up "launch application" or do I need to open every Dynamic Link comp in the program?

-jb

2.5 ghz Intel Core i7
16gb 1600 mhz ddr3

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: How to tell if export is still working?
by on May 26, 2015 at 11:43:03 pm

It's a late reply, but for me, all I have to do is open AE. It doesn't matter which comp is open in AE.

I hope you got the render out in time!

Return to posts index

Justin BullRe: How to tell if export is still working?
by on May 27, 2015 at 12:02:44 am

No worries. I hopped on another machine and it spit out fine. Thanks for checking in!

2.5 ghz Intel Core i7
16gb 1600 mhz ddr3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]