ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How do I get a reasonable export time and file size?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike ZhaoHow do I get a reasonable export time and file size?
by on May 16, 2015 at 2:41:01 pm

My first video was 11 minutes long and 720p resolution. The exported file turned out to be ~2Gb and took 4 hours to export.

I've created a 35 minute 720p sequence that I'd like to export in a reasonable time (Premiere is estimating 9 hours) and reasonable size (less than a gig and a half; preferably much less).

My machine has a 2.4Ghz i5 processor and 6GB of ram.

How can I export my file more quickly and compactly?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Joey GibsonRe: How do I get a reasonable export time and file size?
by on May 18, 2015 at 6:01:50 pm

Are you using GPU acceleration? What are the specs on your GPU?

What codec are you exporting from? To what? What is your target bit rate?

Are you exporting straight from Premiere, or are you using Adobe Media Encoder?

All of these things can impact the length of time it takes to export a file. The file size is generally determined by the bit rate and codec to which you are exporting.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: How do I get a reasonable export time and file size?
by on May 20, 2015 at 9:05:33 pm

If you want a decent looking HD file that is 35 minutes long, unfortunately the size and export time will be relatively high.

You'll want to export to H.264 and probably have a minimum bit rate of 3 Mbps in order for the quality to be acceptable. You'll likely get a little pixelation in motion or dissolves with this, but that's the trade-off for a smaller file. Your processor and RAM will limit how fast it exports, but as Joey said, there are numerous other factors that will affect the speed. A lot of effects in your timeline can make it a guaranteed over-nighter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]