ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Two Mono Audio Clips Above/Below + 1 Panned Right, 1 Left = Channel Volume Dependent on Which is on Top! W.T.F?!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack SkyylerTwo Mono Audio Clips Above/Below + 1 Panned Right, 1 Left = Channel Volume Dependent on Which is on Top! W.T.F?!
by on May 4, 2015 at 9:00:22 am

I have two audio clips of the exact same mono wave form (for testing purposes).
I used the pan effect to pan the top one hard left (-100), and the bottom one hard right (100).
And in that configuration the left/top audio playback is approximately 6Db louder than the right/bottom channel.
So for testing purposes I just reversed the order of the clips. I changed none of the properties, but put the right-panned one above the left-panned one.
And with them flipped, and no other properties change the right channel became the loudest by about 6Db.
What's happening?
I've used Adobe Premiere Pro since before it was pro, and I've never seen this until CC!

P.S. After studying this the problem only seems to occur when the audio is mono.
And in some instances though not dependably, only happens when they are touching eachother either above or below.

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: Two Mono Audio Clips Above/Below + 1 Panned Right, 1 Left = Channel Volume Dependent on Which is on Top! W.T.F?!
by on May 6, 2015 at 7:44:19 pm

I would look at the audio mixer and make sure the track is neither turned up, nor panned.

If that doesn't help, more experiments: in the preferences, choose Audio > Default Tracks. From there you can experiment further.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]