ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

You Can't Multicam Merged Clips?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott ClementsYou Can't Multicam Merged Clips?
by on May 1, 2015 at 8:21:35 pm

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Premiere and have hit a snag. I went through and merged all of my separately recorded audio with my picture. Then, I discovered I had a lot of multicam sequences. I went to make a multicam sequence from 2 separate merged clips and discovered I couldn't. Does this mean that all that time spent merging those clips was a waste? Any way to salvage that work and make multicam clips from the merged clips?

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: You Can't Multicam Merged Clips?
by on May 6, 2015 at 8:19:23 pm

[Scott Clements] "I went to make a multicam sequence from 2 separate merged clips and discovered I couldn't."

Yes you can. Did you get this sorted out?

Return to posts index

Scott ClementsRe: You Can't Multicam Merged Clips?
by on May 6, 2015 at 10:17:24 pm

No, Richard. I didn't learn how to. I read online others saying you couldn't, so re-synced from scratch.

Film Editor, London UK

Return to posts index

by on May 7, 2015 at 3:57:02 pm

Hmm. Maybe I don't understand the question, then.

Step 1. Make a sequence, I call it something like "sync sequence 1" or something . Put the audio in there. Put the picture in there, can only have 1 track of each. 1 video track. 1 audio track. Then sync them. Then select them, right click > Merge (name it) > OK.

Step 2. Make a second sequence, I call it something like "sync sequence 2." Then do the same thing.

Step 3. To keep things organized, I make a new Bin and call it Merges. Then inside of that I have two more folders Merge Sequences and Merge Clips. Now it's kind of organized.

Step 4. In the Merge Clips bin, select a clip using the mouse, then hold shift or control to select another (or more than that) clips. Right click > Create Multi-Camera Source Sequences...

Step 5. I create a new Bin called Multicam, and I put the Multi Cam in there.

Step 6. Multicam is interesting and very powerful. Double click it and it opens, normally. Be sure also to go to Window > Multicamera Monitor, to see in and outs. When you play the sequence you only see a clip representation of the multicam, and as you click on the squares in the Source Monitor, you can select which clip is use when, but that's only half the story because you can go one level deeper, but there's a trick: instead of double-clicking the Multicam Sequence icon in the project pane, you have to right click > Open in Timeline. Let me tell you that again because it is a bit counterintuitive: From the project pane right click > Open in Timeline.

I hope this answers the question you were asking.

Return to posts index

by on May 8, 2015 at 7:30:36 am

Hi, Richard. This doesn't work for me in CC. I read somewhere else you were on CS6. I wonder if this is a bug in CC? I've read several others saying they can't create multicam sequences from merged clips either.

Film Editor, London UK

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: You Can't Multicam Merged Clips?
by on May 8, 2015 at 8:23:10 am

Make new sequences from the individual merged clips (right click - new sequence from clip or make a keyboard shortcut) and choose the sequences then the create multi-camera source sequence-selection is available.

Return to posts index

by on May 9, 2015 at 11:59:15 pm

Thanks, Tero. This worked.

Film Editor, London UK

Return to posts index

by on May 8, 2015 at 9:33:57 pm

Yes. I use CS6 :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]