ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adjusting Title Position: Do I have to open the title tool each time?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott WitthausAdjusting Title Position: Do I have to open the title tool each time?
by on May 1, 2015 at 5:29:10 pm

....or is there a shortcut I am missing just to grab it and move it without opening Title Tool.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Adjusting Title Position: Do I have to open the title tool each time?
by on May 1, 2015 at 7:50:58 pm

You can also use the clip effects to change the position and scale of a title.

Return to posts index

Scott WitthausRe: Adjusting Title Position: Do I have to open the title tool each time?
by on May 1, 2015 at 10:00:51 pm

Ah, ok. I am an FCPX editor doing a Pr CC gig and was hoping I could just grab it and position it in the viewer like X. Thanks.

sw

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

Robert d'AlexisRe: Adjusting Title Position: Do I have to open the title tool each time?
by on May 2, 2015 at 1:33:44 am

[Scott Witthaus] " I am an FCPX editor doing a Pr CC gig and was hoping I could just grab it and position it in the viewer like X."

You can. Park the CTI (playhead) on the title and double-click in the program monitor for direct manipulation with the mouse or the up/down/left/right arrow keys.
HTH

Return to posts index

Scott WitthausRe: Adjusting Title Position: Do I have to open the title tool each time?
by on May 2, 2015 at 10:44:50 am

Good to know. Thanks.

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

Robert d'AlexisRe: Adjusting Title Position: Do I have to open the title tool each time?
by on May 2, 2015 at 11:12:51 am

You're most welcome. :-)
PS: the same technique applies to video clips and graphics on the timeline.

Return to posts index

Craig HowardRe: Adjusting Title Position: Do I have to open the title tool each time?
by on May 3, 2015 at 3:22:37 am

FWIW - long time Premiere user (professional)

I prefer to open ( ie. reopen - dble click tilte from timeline or bin) any title to manipulate it so that it basically has a default anchor point position in the frame positioned to a design plan...and any subsequent key framing or whatever is easily managed.

Working ( designing) to underlying video tracks displayed in the Titler is so much easier to design when all is in a set default position.

example - Create title centred ..then use Motion from clip in timeline to manipulate it to bottom right corner . Need to edit the title (say.. change a font and add a line)..open it and edit it and its in the centre while doing so. Does it work or not???

Craig Howard
Shooter Film Company
Auckland
New Zealand

Adobe CS6 Premiere Pro Production Premium Suite
Windows 7-64 bit:Assus P6T Deluxe Mob, 24 GB BM SDI Decklink, . HD Workflows

Return to posts index

by on May 3, 2015 at 12:39:04 pm

It reminds me of Avid's title tool, which I always found cumbersome. Just an extra step that takes time.

That's why I prefer the X title tool, where I can directly select the title in the viewer, change anything and keep going.

All personal preferences...

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]