ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Online Video Editing Courses/Videos, Adobe PP - What to do?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob GrozotisOnline Video Editing Courses/Videos, Adobe PP - What to do?
by on Apr 27, 2015 at 12:56:35 pm

I really want to learn how to create films like this type of style/editing:

I am a traveller, and photographer, so my style is pretty much travelling, capturing scenery and cutting video and music together, with the skill to do interesting chops, transitions etc that give off a certain feel, mood and passion like the video above.

I have the DSLR gear for video, as I have been doing photography for several years, the very basic skills to edit simple clips together in Premiere Pro, but I would like to work with sound, faster chops, transitions, I want to take it to a more deeper level, so I can create films like that video above.

This is what I have made so far, but it was nothing more then simple edit of clips together thrown over with some music:

Can you recommend me any GOOD sites to learn Premiere Pro / Video Editing in this style or type of editing?

I have tried a few, but I get incredibly dry of motivation in tutorials when they are not really relevant (like learning to cut an interview when I want to create films like the above, etc)

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: Online Video Editing Courses/Videos, Adobe PP - What to do?
by on Apr 27, 2015 at 9:29:08 pm

You have a vision in mind for what you want your project to be. The best way to learn is to analyze and deconstruct the transitions and edit points of the example you posted, then try to recreate them yourself. Listen carefully to the music you choose with your eyes closed and discover the transition points. This is a style that is learned by doing, and doing again, and again. By emulating what you see in other people's work that you admire. It really can't be taught in a tutorial.

Have fun.

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved