ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Exporting mixed frame rates to mpeg2 DVD?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kieran VyasExporting mixed frame rates to mpeg2 DVD?
by on Apr 24, 2015 at 8:36:55 am

I have a project comprised of 25fps and 50fps footage. When I export to mpeg2 DVD I am getting a horrible distortion around motion in my scenes. HOWEVER, I exported a QT draft at 1080p 25fps progressive with H.264 and then used Apple Compressor to encode the file to mpeg2 DVD. The quality was excellent with no distortion. Now either Apple Compressor is a superior encoder to Premiere Pro CC, OR exporting to H.264 first fixed some issue I must have been having. The only thing I can think of is that the mixed frame rates might be causing the problem, and so exporting everything to 25fps first and THEN encoding to DVD solves this.

Can anyone shed any light on my problems? Is working with mixed frame rates a potential issue when encoding to DVD in PP CC? And if so, what is the solution? thanks

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Exporting mixed frame rates to mpeg2 DVD?
by on Apr 24, 2015 at 12:54:32 pm

Do you have frame blending on?

Return to posts index

Kieran VyasRe: Exporting mixed frame rates to mpeg2 DVD?
by on Apr 24, 2015 at 12:59:04 pm

No I don't, should I?

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Exporting mixed frame rates to mpeg2 DVD?
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 1:45:27 pm

If you edit all footage together in a 25p Sequence, and then export to "MPEG-2 DVD" using the "PAL DV Widescreen Progressive" preset, that should do it for you in one step.

H.264 is a lossy codec (highly compressed), so I would not be using that as an intermediate.

You do NOT want "Frame Blending" enabled, as that will cause visual issues.

Thank you

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]