ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Can source clips be resized after being imported?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Michaels
Can source clips be resized after being imported?
on Apr 18, 2015 at 6:49:05 am

I've looked at you tube tutorials and the adobe tutorials and can't seem to find an answer to this one.

1. Is there a way to resize clips AFTER they're imported so all clips are the same resolution prior to dragging into the timeline? Maybe using the crop effect or other tool? And if so...is there a way to set a specific resolution or is it strictly drag to resize the video? I'd much rather enter an exact/custom resolution size if possible.

2. If no to #1 I'm guessing the only other option is to import each clip I want to resize then set the output size prior to render/export and after resizing each clip to the same resolution...import them all into the editor for joining.

Thanks for any advice,
Dave

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Can source clips be resized after being imported?
on Apr 18, 2015 at 11:42:40 am

Why would you need to do this? Also there is the default scale to frame size option on the preferences that scales clips according to the sequence.

Return to posts index

Dave Michaels
on Apr 18, 2015 at 11:01:54 pm

Let me try clear up why I need to resize the videos.

The capture software I use captures a window at its current size so if I start recording (desktop capture) a video tutorial for our Desktop Application then stop and during the day change the browser window size as I view other pages and go back to recording another part of the video later ...the browser window size will not match the size it was earlier in the day no matter how close I visually try to get it so my next capture session will result in a video that's a different size than the one I captured earlier.

So what's the easiest way to make sure my source clips all end up the same size on screen when joined?

1. Is there a way to globally set a default so all my imported videos end up the same?

2. If no to #1 is there a way to maybe click on a source clip (or multiple clips) in the source videos panel and apply a resize tool that lets me actually select a video size or enter a custom size before the clip(s) are dragged into the sequence timeline?

3. If no to #1 and #2 is there another way to crop them so they all end up the same size on screen? Maybe dragging a source clip into the source monitor and applying a size change using a crop tool or something like that?

BTW-
I did watch a CS6 PP tutorial on resizing by dragging the crop efx into the sequence timeline or sequence monitor to change video size percentage in effects control. That doesn't help in this instance because changing percentage size won't ensure exact size uniformity for all source clips.

Whatever you suggest I'll try...or there are multiple methods i'll try em all and see what works best for me!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Apr 19, 2015 at 1:48:58 am

Set a clip to your required size. Save that as a Motion Effect preset, then drag that preset onto all of your other clips.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Dave Michaels
on Apr 19, 2015 at 5:04:57 am

Thats Helpful. Thanks. I'll try it monday when I'm back at work.

I was also reading up on a feature called scale to frame size that may be of some help too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]