ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How to Match Differences in Shots (Adobe Premiere)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blue FinchHow to Match Differences in Shots (Adobe Premiere)
by on Apr 15, 2015 at 7:27:34 am

Hi. I have a project based on one static camera set up/shot. However, during filming, the camera was (unintentionally) moved and slight differences exist between shots in terms of the position of fixed and structuring elements in the frame. Besides manually adjusting (re: "eyeballing") each shot's scale and position in Premiere, could someone please help me to figure out how to "match" shots more precisely?

I am OK with objects and subjects in the frame moving--but I want the main lines (walls, table) to be well matched, more seamless.

Please see examples in which the table and (especially) the left wall lines/margins are off.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: How to Match Differences in Shots (Adobe Premiere)
by on Apr 16, 2015 at 5:21:58 pm

Let's say you've identified all the shots that look like sample 1, and those that look like sample 2. Let's also say that it's easier to get sample 1 to match sample 2.

Pick the first instance of sample 1 in your timeline. Apply the transformations necessary to get it to match sample 2. Highlight it, and hit "Copy."

Now, highlight every other instance of sample 1 in your timeline. Right-click on them, and select "Paste Attributes." A menu will come up. Select the attributes you want to apply to the rest of your sample 1 shots) Hit OK. This will apply the same transformation to all your sample 1 shots in your timeline.

Now, here's my other two cents: unless you are jump-cutting between these two setups, nobody is going to notice the difference but you. I had to really pay attention to see the difference in the samples you posted above. You'll have to ask yourself if the slight reduction in resolution that will result from the scaling and rotation is worse than the almost-unnoticeable difference between the two frames.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved