ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Two questions. Is it possible to save a transition as a preset? it is possible to change the default setting of a transition preset?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Copeland
Two questions. Is it possible to save a transition as a preset? it is possible to change the default setting of a transition preset?
on Apr 10, 2015 at 11:03:53 am

G'day.

Newbie here.

It seems to me that the default duration of a video effect dissolve transition is 1 frame. Well at least that is what I initially get when I add a dissolve transition. Is there a way to change the default duration of a transition?

Is there a way to save a video transition as a user preset?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Paul.

Ps. I am using Adobe Premiere Pro cs6

Return to posts index

Oki Pienandoro
Re: Two questions. Is it possible to save a transition as a preset? it is possible to change the default setting of a transition preset?
on Apr 10, 2015 at 1:06:50 pm

Yes, make a box, and drag and drop your target effect.
You can change duration of transition, and by default i believe it was 1 seconds, not 1 frame.
You can also change the default transition to other kind intead of dissolve, IIRC, right click and set as default.

------------------------------------------
Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

Paul Copeland
Re: Two questions. Is it possible to save a transition as a preset? it is possible to change the default setting of a transition preset?
on Apr 10, 2015 at 1:22:37 pm

Hi Oki.

Thank you for your quick response.

Best wishes for your video making and bye for now.

Paul.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
on Apr 10, 2015 at 1:13:54 pm

Go to the top menus, Premiere Pro > Preferences > General. There you will find you can set the default durations for the video and audio transitions.

You can right-click on a transition in the Effects listings and make it the Default transition that will be selected when using the Command d shortcut.

I don't think you can save a transition with custom settings as a preset.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Paul Copeland
on Apr 10, 2015 at 1:23:59 pm

hi Joe.

Many thanks for your quick response.

I have made the change and it works like a charm.

Best wishes with your video productions and bye for now.

Paul.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]