ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Can a speaker in interview be slowed to 90%?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucy MoonCan a speaker in interview be slowed to 90%?
by on Apr 7, 2015 at 6:15:29 pm

My client keeps asking me to slow down some of our interviews by 10% to make them easier to follow when the speaker is fast. [ I think she has software that slows it when she is transcribing.]

Has anyone else done this? I have Zoom recorder external sound synced to to AVC consumer camera footage.

If I "select all" in Premiere and change speed to 90% the audio sounds pretty horrid to me (maintaining audio pitch) and I am reluctant to accept this as "better" than the full speed alternative.

Has anyone else had to do this and found a good way to make it work (Audition perhaps?).

MacBookPro 2.8 GHz intel core i7/ 16 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Adobe Creative Suite Cloud

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: Can a speaker in interview be slowed to 90%?
by on Apr 7, 2015 at 6:50:25 pm

Audition is easy, but it's hidden!

You will run into lip sync issues also, although the sound will be excellent quality, the talking-head will be talking faster than their audio track. Adjust the audio first, then reimport it back into Premiere, and then use the "X" tool in Premiere to try and match.

Return to posts index

Oki PienandoroRe: Can a speaker in interview be slowed to 90%?
by on Apr 8, 2015 at 2:26:41 am

I'm not the original poster, i just want to say thank you Richard for the superb tips !

I test it out with a random Youtube clip with fast speech, and it really sound good ! Even at 66 % slower speed.

I think the only issue left is the obvious choppiness playback due frame drop. But it was solved using Twixtor, perfectly !

This is unbelievable !

Once again, thank you for the tips. If i were bump into similar problem/request in the future, i know exactly what need to be done.

I will post the (before/after) result if anyone interested and too lazy to test it out.

Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved