ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

OT - sync & h.264 files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
OT - sync & h.264 files
on Apr 6, 2015 at 1:28:35 am

I was giving a bunch of funky* h.264 mov interview files with different frame rates, some as low as 19fps.

Playback (lip)sync seemed intermittent, soft & prone to drift. Except for one file that was *way bad* I was able to edit and output good sync HQ versions in Premiere CC 2014. However like a monster that would not die, if I then took these HQ outputs - let's call them Masters - and went to make small lo-rez copies (derivatives) sync would be noticeably off. This was the case with both Compressor 3.5 and Adobe Media Encoder CC. (Think I tried to output both mov & mp4 files)

The general question I want to ask is… Are h.264 or mp4 files any more prone to lip-sync problems than any other format/codec? (like ProRes?)

Second I want to ask about the default export mode in Premiere, it would appears to be h.264 Match Source - which generally seems to like a attractive option. But I notice when I output the mp4 I see it making 2 files, an audio aac & video m4v (that then get joined in a single file container). I notice that this does not happen when outputting a Qt mov (I only see one file during export). Could this have bearing on why my exports as "h.264 Match Source" have the sync problems with copies made from them?

Thanks,

Paul

*I posted earlier and there was mention of an image stabilizer causing the different frame rates.

Sorry but this material from the client with the changing frame rates was such a bear and kicked up so many issues… I had to post this one last question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]