ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Best way to add Fade up Title Cards to video - in Premiere or import from Aftereffects

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi BooseBest way to add Fade up Title Cards to video - in Premiere or import from Aftereffects
by on Apr 4, 2015 at 2:14:39 am

I'm a graphic designer and have been asked to add some titles onto a video.
While my main programs are Illustrator and Photoshop, I am a little familiar with Aftereffects but this seems simple enough to do in Premiere.
I was given a video with occasional title cards on a back black background.
However they want the title cards to have slightly different wordings and animate the text - pretty simply - probably just fade-ups and such .

My idea is basically to fit the new title cards over the old ones - just having a bit of an issue figuring how in Premiere. Or is it best to do each in AE and import it in.

I've done it a little of both ways and cant decide which way to go - please forgive me for asking such a dumb question but any advice on which is the best way would be good to know from you experts out there.

I keep going back and forth between both ways and it's causing me total confusion - I need to take a break!

Return to posts index

Oki PienandoroRe: Best way to add Fade up Title Cards to video - in Premiere or import from Aftereffects
by on Apr 5, 2015 at 2:17:02 pm

Since Premiere CC 2014.2, the best way to do it is to use dynamic link between Premiere and AE.
Before this version, a very heavily animated composition in AE simply wouldn't playback in realtime in Premiere dynamic link in many machine.
But right know, you can do a render to that AE comp in premiere with your codec preference (Cineform or DNxHD), thus allowing you to preview/playback in realtime. And you can revert back to original comp with ease (wasn't possible directly in past Premiere version)

Also, in the Premiere recent version, there's a feature to allow you edit the text from AE Comp directly in Premiere, very handy to use if you make lower 3rd. Personally i haven't try that out though, maybe you should check that feature.

------------------------------------------
Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

TImi BooseRe: Best way to add Fade up Title Cards to video - in Premiere or import from Aftereffects
by on Apr 6, 2015 at 2:30:28 pm

Aw thanks,
I don't have CC though - I have version 5.

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: Best way to add Fade up Title Cards to video - in Premiere or import from Aftereffects
by on Apr 6, 2015 at 5:47:41 pm

This is the kind of thing that always happens: People will say "Hey replace this or that. It won't take you long." Total BS! In the old video do the title cards fade in and out? Because matching that to the new one will take some detailed work on your part.

And then someone needs to decide: Do the letters animate in or don't they? If they do, you need After Effects (and it's not exactly straightforward how to animate text, but there are prebuilt effects to drag and drop). If they don't, you can do it in Premiere.

Regardless, try to proceed as follows: Import your video into premiere. Then right click and create a new sequence from selected. Then, use the cut tool, to cut out the titles, so they are blank. Then lock that layer. Make your new titles on the layer 2, and overlap the lower clips by 6 frames. Then use the opacity key frame on the titles to fade in.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]