ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

delete/remove part of clip with IN and OUT (VERY basic)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Pauldelete/remove part of clip with IN and OUT (VERY basic)
by on Mar 31, 2015 at 3:07:12 pm

Okay this is a VERY simple question:
I have a clip on my time line. I set an IN point and an OUT point. Now I want to remove the part I just selected with my IN and OUT.
Now it gets tricky: I know if I press X (I am using Avid Media Composer shortcuts. I wouldn't know what WORD/command to look for in the keyboard short cuts to change this / find what I am looking for) it will not only remove that part it will also MOVE the two clips I have just created together as in: there will be NO GAP. Premiere automatically closes the gap. I do NOT want to close the. I want Premiere to remove the area I have selected with IN and OUT and I want there to be a gap where the footage used to be that I just removed.
How?

Return to posts index

Michael PaulRe: delete/remove part of clip with IN and OUT (VERY basic)
by on Mar 31, 2015 at 3:10:15 pm

I know that I can create a cut/edit where my IN point is and create another one where my OUT point is and then I just need to CLICK on that now isolated part and I can delete it.

This method involves clicking. It's way too mouse heavy. I am sure if I can press X to delete it there is also another keyboard short cut for JUST deleting it with leaving a gap.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: delete/remove part of clip with IN and OUT (VERY basic)
by on Mar 31, 2015 at 4:47:39 pm

[Michael Paul] " I wouldn't know what WORD/command to look for in the keyboard short cuts to change this / find what I am looking for"

It's the "lift"-command.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]