ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Media Offline when changing Machines - Unsupported file / file damaged when re-linking.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thom GodsillMedia Offline when changing Machines - Unsupported file / file damaged when re-linking.
by on Mar 30, 2015 at 2:10:47 pm

Hi,

Currently using Premier Pro (CC2104). When changing machines and opening the premier pro project, some media is knocked offline. When re-linking, I get this message when the clip has been located - Unsupportive file/ file damaged.

The file is not corrupt, it plays fine on the machine in question.

The files havent even changed location (working on a XSAN) and permissions on the folders are all OK for both computers, only some files appear offline.

The files are .mp4s and some .wav

I think it might have something to do with .pek and .cfa files, but can't quite work it out.

Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know a solution?

Many thanks in advance, this is becoming quite a big issue now.

Return to posts index

Oki PienandoroRe: Media Offline when changing Machines - Unsupported file / file damaged when re-linking.
by on Apr 5, 2015 at 2:33:39 pm

Have you tried to import the trouble file directly (not opening the project?) Still error ?
Also delete/clean your media cache and database, open the project again and wait for conforming/indexing to finished. This usually fixed the problem in weird offline file issue.

------------------------------------------
Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

Thom GodsillRe: Media Offline when changing Machines - Unsupported file / file damaged when re-linking.
by on Apr 6, 2015 at 1:06:18 pm

Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply! Yeah I have tried all of those things and still when trying to import or re-link the media it still gives me that message.

I was thinking it might have something to do with some metadata the clip might pick up when being imported on one machine so when opened on another it thinks it is corrupt, this is just conjecture though.

I've noticed it only happening with .mp4s when .pek and .cfa files are made when importing the clip, do you think this has anything to do with it, and if so, how I could sort this out?

I think a solution is to convert everything to pro res, but it would be handy to have a solution to this.

Thanks so much

Return to posts index

Oki PienandoroRe: Media Offline when changing Machines - Unsupported file / file damaged when re-linking.
by on Apr 6, 2015 at 2:51:18 pm

pek and cfa is built to conform audio. Well, you can re-wrap mp4, and conform/disable the audio to Premiere spec, if the audio is the culprit.
Many freeware tools to extract the stream and re-wrap.
But IMO it's too hassle if you're only dealing with couple of clip.
If the goal was to make the job done, then do re-transcode to whatever codec you prefer (ProRes, Cinefom, DNxHD), see if it solve the problem.
Unless you really want to hunt down what is the real culprit.

You can also force premiere to not embed the metadata inside the asset, have you try that ? Perhaps the 2nd machine is somehow failed to read the metadata.

Return to posts index

Thom GodsillRe: Media Offline when changing Machines - Unsupported file / file damaged when re-linking.
by on Apr 6, 2015 at 3:06:55 pm

Ok, wicked, I think I will try that with the metadata, how would I do that?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

by on Apr 6, 2015 at 3:34:36 pm

Ah sorry, disregard my suggestion about metadata thing, i mistook Premiere preferences with Adobe Media Encoder preferences.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]