ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Some Stop Motion Questions

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vishnu VardhanSome Stop Motion Questions
by on Feb 24, 2015 at 6:03:16 pm

I'm to help create a video tour/walk through of my office. The concept is like streetview, only inside the office.
From what I've read this type of movie is called Stop Motion; it is made better when the frames are blended.

Q0. I'll be capturing the images, as luck has it, without a tripod. Is there an application that crops out images so that the central/common area is all that remains? I know that is asking a lot, but one never knows.

Q1. I would like to have lights turn on at different points. Would one image with the light off and the next with them on, look acceptably smooth if the frames are blended?

Q2. How many images Should I capture? Its a corridor no more than 30 feet from end to end. To make a smooth stop motion video, how often(best guess) should I take a picture - in terms of feet, for instance one every three feet? I suppose this ties in with the frame rate- in one way or the other - advice on that is also greatly welcome.

Q3. Between shooting each image of each frame, and shooting few images and zooming/cropping them to fill in spaces, which would be better?

Q4. How well would a change in height perspective work? That is to say, starting around ankle height and steadily moving forward and upward to regular eye height?

Thanks a ton. Any other suggestions, tutorial links and info on this would be great too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved