ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Quick multi-cam editing on Macbook Air question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack SmithQuick multi-cam editing on Macbook Air question
by on Feb 7, 2015 at 4:17:52 am

Hey guys,

I have a basic question that is showing some conflicting responses. I have a Macbook Air (MacBook Air 13-inch, Mid 2013) with 4 gigs of ram. I have just recently been playing around with the multi-cam function, using three separate camera feeds. I have noticed that the playback stutters rather consistently, thus making the editing process pretty much untenable. I have read various threads about ways to reduce the stuttering, but I just want to pose a basic question: is mutli-cam editing a bad idea on my version of the Macbook Air? I wouldn't mind sacrificing some of the resolution quality for the ability to perform a multi-cam edit (and have, I believe, tried this with no success). More generally, I am not seeing any workable way to do this.

Any feedback or advice on multi-cam editing with my set-up is appreciated. I'll also note that Premiere is pretty much the only program I am running, so there is no other program which seems to be meaningfully competing for Premiere's resources.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Quick multi-cam editing on Macbook Air question
by on Feb 7, 2015 at 6:47:44 am

[Jack Smith] " is mutli-cam editing a bad idea on my version of the Macbook Air?"

Yes

Return to posts index

Jack SmithRe: Quick multi-cam editing on Macbook Air question
by on Feb 7, 2015 at 4:01:59 pm

Anyone able to provide some context for this? I had assumed 4 gigs would be more than enough. Adobe Premiere Pro, based on the overall performance when I am running multi-cam edit, doesn't at all seem to demand an onerous amount of memory. Any suggestions for improving this, outside of getting a different computer (can't add ram to this machine unfortunately).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]