ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

PP CS6 Time Stretch - Footage from 60fps to 30fps (Slow Motion) and exported as 60fps

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray PonPP CS6 Time Stretch - Footage from 60fps to 30fps (Slow Motion) and exported as 60fps
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 6:20:49 pm

Hello Community,

I am working on a project comprising only 60fps footage.
Sometimes I would like to include Slow Motion though which is why I thought the premiere pro cs6 time stretch comes in handy.

However, I was wondering whether or not it is appropriate. If I timestretch one piece of footage to half the speed from 60fps to 30fps and export it after as a 60fps final, doesn't that ruin my final project?

It shouldnt matter when I export a composition involving 60fps and 30fps footage as 30fps, right?

By the way, I have also been utilizing twixtor for Slow Motion but the problem with that is, the render time on a twixtor clip is almost 20x longer than when I use time stretch.

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: PP CS6 Time Stretch - Footage from 60fps to 30fps (Slow Motion) and exported as 60fps
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 6:41:43 pm

Have you tried modify ?

Right click the clip in the project pane, choose Modify > Interpret footage... > assume this frame rate

type in the frame rate you're wanting.

Return to posts index

Ray PonRe: PP CS6 Time Stretch - Footage from 60fps to 30fps (Slow Motion) and exported as 60fps
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 7:40:59 pm

Yes, I have also done this.

I have copied the original one with 60fps, assumed it as 30fps, and incorporated this into my project which mainly consists of 60fps snippets.

I would like to know, how will this affect the quality of my final render? Usually when you reduce frame rate from 60 to 30 and then export it as 60fps again, the 30fps footage will look a little bit weird.

I am not quite sure how PP is handling these things.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: PP CS6 Time Stretch - Footage from 60fps to 30fps (Slow Motion) and exported as 60fps
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 9:26:01 pm

Try it, Premiere wont bite.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Ray PonRe: PP CS6 Time Stretch - Footage from 60fps to 30fps (Slow Motion) and exported as 60fps
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 11:04:29 pm

not a very helpful comment.

I tried and I cannot see much difference. The only difference there is in conjunction with twixtor as I see some warping.

However, it is not my question whether or not it looks good from my personal point of view, I would like to know how you guys handle such things. Is there a common rule? Did you ever experienced something like it, how did you solve it? How does PP treat that issue - does it interpolate the missing fps?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]