ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Online offline workflow Premiere CC/ sony f55

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bur CiOnline offline workflow Premiere CC/ sony f55
by on Jan 6, 2015 at 5:46:54 pm

Couple of questions here that hopefully someone can shed some light on.

1.Online/Offline Editing with Premiere CC

So I am nearly finished with a short video that was originally shot on 50FPS on a Sony F55 camera. I conformed this footage to 25 FPS apple pro res. Now that I am just about done with this, how do I go about making this online/re-linking it to the 4k footage. Also, since the original 4k files are still in their original 50fps rate, will re-linking conform to the 25fps frame rate that I edited in?

2. Export

How do I export this footage to native 4k and 2k using media encoder? Do I use the H.264 Format and match the source settings? I have noticed that there is an option for 2040p Youtube 4k option in Encoder, could this be an option?

Return to posts index

Bur CiRe: Online offline workflow Premiere CC/ sony f55
by on Jan 7, 2015 at 10:42:26 am

I did in fact re-link the original 4k from my proxy files, however, just like I feared the original 50 fps footage of the original 4k move at a very fast rate and the length of my clip is different from the proxy.

Keep in mind that the master timeline is set at 25 FPS as well. I'm at a standstill so any hints would greatly help.

Return to posts index

Chris MercuryRe: Online offline workflow Premiere CC/ sony f55
by on Feb 18, 2015 at 2:31:50 pm

How did you conform your proxies? If you conformed using "Interpret Footage" within Premiere, it only changes how premiere handles it without actually altering the original file, so the file is only slowed to 25fps within that project. When you relink the media, there's an option to "Preserve Interpret Footage Settings" that should "re-conform" the clips you're linking to.

If, however, you conformed outside of Premiere, then your proxy files have actually been slowed to 25fps, and premiere is seeing them as 25fps files rather than 50fps that you're telling to interpret as 25. In this case, you'll have to use the same external conforming process you used while making the proxies with your original files.

Now I've got a question for you...when you relinked your files, was there a way to relink everything at once? I'm working on a project with SD .avi proxies, and when I try to re-link to the h264 .mov masters, only the first file I actually try to relink does so successfully. The rest automatically link back to their SD versions, forcing me to have to relink the files one at a time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved