ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

60p not playing in Premiere Pro 5.0

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Rocchio60p not playing in Premiere Pro 5.0
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 9:39:23 pm

I'm having problems with some footage that was shot at 60p playing properly in Premiere. The footage loses audio synch. It's a 12 minute clip and somewhere at 4 minutes its a good 5 seconds out of synch. It does not matter what the parameters of the timeline are. I originally put it in a 30p timeline and saw the problem. Then I put it in a 60p timeline and it still has the problem. I tried encoding it in Media Encoder into a 30p format and its still has the same problem. I've tried several things but nothing seems to work. The clip plays fine as a stand alone file outside of Premiere, but for some reason my version of Premiere seems to hate it. Is it not supported by my version?

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: 60p not playing in Premiere Pro 5.0
by on Dec 19, 2014 at 3:28:49 pm

Try importing via Media Browser (in Premiere) rather than File > Import. Assumed that you have entire folder structure from SD card, not just the video clip. There is vital metadata in those folders that Premiere needs for best results.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Vincent RocchioRe: 60p not playing in Premiere Pro 5.0
by on Dec 19, 2014 at 4:45:32 pm

Ah! That's the problem alright. I do only have the clip, not the file. Interestingly enough, I brought the file over to the free conversion program "Super" and it transcoded it successfully for me. I took the transcoded file into Premiere and it works like a pro (no pun intended).

Return to posts index

by on Dec 19, 2014 at 5:03:20 pm

Hi Vincent,

Moving forward, the preferred workflow is to do a straight file copy of entire SD card contents to the editing hard drive, and Import into Premiere Pro using Media Browser. Besides fixing possible sound issues or poor playback, long recordings that use spanned clips import properly and without gaps/glitches during timeline playback.

Glad you got it working. What format does the conversion software create, an .avi or .mp4 or...what?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Vincent RocchioRe: 60p not playing in Premiere Pro 5.0
by on Dec 19, 2014 at 5:11:32 pm

Jeff,

At risk of sounding like I am pushing a product (it's free anyway), I have to say that the amazing thing about "Super" is that it exports to a variety of formats. I chose mpg2 because Adobe seems to like it better--though I've never had any difficulty with avi. I've used it in the past to create HQ flv files--back when flv was the only good format for web streaming. I could not understand why Adobe Media Encoder could not convert my 60p to 30p. Really threw me for a loop. Thought maybe I was toggling something incorrectly, but knowing now that it did not have all the file information sort of makes sense to me. It did know the file properties--you could see it in the dialog box, but it just could not transcode it effectively. Super spit it out rather quickly and without loss of resolution. Very pleased, but not the way I will work in the future!

Return to posts index

by on Dec 19, 2014 at 5:57:20 pm

If editing 60p material with the intent of delivering 30p, I would just edit in a 30p sequence and export as 30p then. Of course, assuming Premiere can accept the format you are providing and it sounds like you have that handled. You may get better quality with an .avi file as MPEG-2 is an older, lossy codec.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]