ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

CS4 to CC?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Riker
CS4 to CC?
on Dec 15, 2014 at 8:59:28 pm

I have only one computer in my arsenal that has a physical external monitor connected to it. The rest of them are high end headless servers I remote into to execute video editing/encoding activities on a local network. I am trying to do some color correction work, but obviously can't do that thru remote desktop. I have a calibrated monitor however the computer I'm using is a computer I use for analog capture and is Windows XP SP3 32-bit based. I was thinking I could do my color correction on XP with PP CS4 and move the Premiere Pro folder to my other computers running CC and export the project as is maintaining all the settings.

Will CC even open a CS4 project? And if it will is everything in the project maintained?

Thanks.

JR

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: CS4 to CC?
on Dec 15, 2014 at 9:34:12 pm

CC should open project files from older Premiere versions without issue, but never the other way.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

John Riker
Re: CS4 to CC?
on Dec 16, 2014 at 2:51:21 pm

Thanks Jeff. Then let me give her a try. Need to copy it over to the computer manually. I do not put the editing computer on the network.

Do you think third party plugins like NeatVideo will work across instances as long as the version is the same?

Also do you think the project needs to be in the same folder as the original one was or is the pathing stored relative?

Thanks.

JR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]