ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Render issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brenden YounanRender issues
by on Dec 12, 2014 at 12:09:57 pm

Newbie here and wanting some guidance on how to get my rendered video looks good.

I have some graphics being rendered from AE 720p25 Apple Pro 4444 into APP to overlay over my video. Everything looks fine up until I render out my video. The graphics lack quality looks blurry in a way, almost as if I have upscaled the footage. Have a the video details below and a sample of the problem.

Video output from AE
8 bpc
1280 720
Apple Pro Ress 4444 Alpha

Video output from APP
PAL DV Widescreen Progressive (down converted from 720p for DVD)
MPEG2

Example:

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: Render issues
by on Dec 12, 2014 at 6:14:20 pm

[Brenden Younan] "The graphics lack quality looks blurry in a way,"

&

[Brenden Younan] "PAL DV Widescreen Progressive (down converted from 720p for DVD)"

It looks about right for the downconversion, to me. 1280x720 to 720x480 is a big jump. Be sure your AE comp is set to the highest antialiasing. It is the diagonal line looking thing on the comp layer.

You might try using Dynamic Link though. Open AE. Open PP. In AE, open the composition, and hit CMD-RETURN to open the background processing. It's also a menu item. Then go to PP, and in the Media Browser, select the AE project file and drag it into the Project Pane. A new menu will pop up, showing all the comps in AE, so select the one you want.

At this point, your AE comp is a media clip in PP, so place it where you want it. Now export, and queue it to Adobe Media Encoder, which will launch. Select settings, and in the keyframe option type in half the frame rate (12 for you for example) and hit go. This will create an intraframe every 1/2 second (or so).

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Render issues
by on Dec 12, 2014 at 11:27:56 pm

Also MPEG2 isn't the hottest codec around.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 15, 2014 at 5:59:05 pm

It's not bad though. Canon XF100 still uses it for example.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Render issues
by on Dec 15, 2014 at 6:24:32 pm

[Richard Herd] "It's not bad though. Canon XF100 still uses it for example."

There's quite the difference between the bitrate of a DVD and IMX 50.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 15, 2014 at 6:44:26 pm

BitRate is the not the codec, of course. ;)

Return to posts index

Brenden YounanRe: Render issues
by on Dec 13, 2014 at 5:20:40 am

[Richard Herd] "&"

Basically the graphic is not coming out as best as it should. I have mocked a graphic created by someone else and has used the same render settings. You can see it looks much clearer IMO.

Then there is mine, hopefully you can see the difference. All rendered from APP SD MPEG2 8bpc.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 15, 2014 at 6:23:47 pm

Let's talk about other, but related, things.

Since you used the exact same codec, then more than likely that is not the issue. Check out this image:

The switch to "continuous rasterize" (the sun looking thing) changes the render order of the layers, so the vector-art is rendered continuously. Google "after effects render order" for waaaaaaaaaay more information than I can provide here.

It's also a bit of knack knowing how to pre-compose a project to take advantage of that for maximum graphics quality. The settings of you your graphic are very important, how its aliased (say in photoshop), and how you have converted any illustrator files into after effects usable layers.

For me, I prefer Illustrator and either (a) converting them to shapes/masks (using the right-click method) or (b) copypasta illustrator paths to after effects masks.

Once the layer exists in After Effects its important to rasterize continuously.

If that doesn't seem to help your problem, then let's examine how your After Effects comp is organized.

I would also like to mention, having the eye for this kind of detail is good :)

Return to posts index

Brenden YounanRe: Render issues
by on Dec 16, 2014 at 4:17:39 am

Thank you Richard for the help! The "continuous rasterize" within AE seemed to help and create a better quality picture. Top is without "continuous rasterize" and bottom is with "continuous rasterize" precomposed layer.

Example:

Video settings:

Rendered from AE 1024X576 16:9 Apple Pro Ress LT
Imported into APP and exported using MPEG2

Return to posts index

by on Dec 16, 2014 at 4:45:05 pm

Cool bean.

Now try to increase the bit rate on the export settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]