ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Why is Title 01 always Title 01 even when it is a copy?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Lee-JonesWhy is Title 01 always Title 01 even when it is a copy?
by on Dec 3, 2014 at 11:44:19 am

Here is a philosophical question for you... Why is Title 01 always Title 01 even when it is a copy?
Why doesn't the item's name increment automatically? Why can't you duplicate the title without going to the the Edit drop-down?

For example;I seem to be able to copy and paste the Title 01 10 times then if I duplicate all the 10 Title 01's I get Title 01 copy 01 Title 01 copy 02 Title 01 copy 03 Title 01 copy 04 etc

Some of my films have many frames of text with hundreds of titles. Renaming the titles is a real pain.

Wouldn't it make sense to follow the Aftereffects protocols for renaming layers?

It is all 100% retarded!

Pinewood Studios, UK

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Why is Title 01 always Title 01 even when it is a copy?
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 8:40:29 pm

There is a reason.
Copy/paste is an exact copy of 01 and stays 01. If you change its content so do the rest of the copy/paste titles.
If you alt+drag (or duplicate) a title it will become 01 copy 01. If you change a copy 01 title the original does not change with. It stays unique.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Peter Lee-JonesRe: Why is Title 01 always Title 01 even when it is a copy?
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 9:06:32 pm

I disagree with you reply:

Both copy and duplicate result in new title items which are independent when modified. The problem there in being one has a number of titles with the same name but different contents.

Pinewood Studios, UK

Return to posts index

Scott HancockRe: Why is Title 01 always Title 01 even when it is a copy?
by on Dec 17, 2014 at 3:12:13 pm

My understanding - and the way I duplicate titles to make new ones is to use the button for "New Title Based on Current Title". The button looks like a T in a film frame with the upper right corner bent over. It's under the word "Title:" in the tab of the main title panel.

If you use this button, it will turn the current title into a copy and present you with the number of the title incremented up one.

One slight crudeness is that it increments up from the last title ever made in that project. You can't change what it's basing its increment on. For example, if you made 100 titles and then decided to start over and trashed them all and made a fresh one, it would name itself Title 101.

Is this what you were looking for?

Return to posts index

Peter Lee-JonesRe: Why is Title 01 always Title 01 even when it is a copy?
by on Dec 21, 2014 at 11:35:37 pm

That works! It is a bit slow and I have to use the mouse... but it works!

Still not sure why normal copy and duplicate protocol doesn't apply to title items in the bin.

Thanks

Pinewood Studios, UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]