ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Using layers with time stretched footage

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim ShundlerUsing layers with time stretched footage
by on Dec 2, 2014 at 7:55:16 pm

Hey all, did a search for this but couldn't find anything...not quite sure I really knew what to search for.

I have some clips in a Premiere composition, and I need to put some layers above them.

The clips were shot at 60fps and slowed with speed/duration to 42% for slow motion.

The layer above these clips contains footage of light leaks. The layer is set to "Add" by way of calculations. It is meant to be played at 24 fps.

With the top layer turned off, the slow motion footage looks and acts totally fine. However, when the layer is toggled on, the footage beneath then reverts to it's native 60fps state and plays in fast motion, extending further in the clip than the actual cut.

What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Tim ShundlerRe: Using layers with time stretched footage
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 5:43:50 pm

Nothing? I feel like this should be a simple thing to figure out and correct, but my logic is failing me.

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: Using layers with time stretched footage
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 6:54:40 pm

How did you get the 60fps to play at 24fps?
Standard is to Right click the footage in the project pane and choose modify... > interpret footage ... > Assume this frame rate [change to match the 24fps].

The footage is almost never actually 60fps nor 24fps. It is almost always 59.94 and 23.976 respectively. That's a detail worth sweating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved