ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

SOS!!! How can I move my PPCS6 into another HDD to keep working?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Angel Cano SantizoSOS!!! How can I move my PPCS6 into another HDD to keep working?
by on Nov 27, 2014 at 12:52:36 pm

Please help!

I have the premiere of my documentary in 10 days and it's not finished yet. I'm working full time...but PC's HDD makes weird noises and fails often which provokes computer to restart...I'm afraid HDD is about to break for good.

I cannot risk and I bought a new HDD...but I'm not sure my PPCS6 will work well if I start working in a new HDD.
I've been reading all along and only solution I found it's at "Project Manager"...but there it tells me "Resulting Project size (est.): 330 GB"...which it's just insane.
I'm now backing up the Preview Files folder of the project into the new HDD, but I'm not sure it's going to be enough.

Please! Anybody to put some light into this complicated situation!!
How can I keep working in my project at a new HDD and finish my documentary?

Thanks in advance for your help, it's really needed now!

Miguel

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: SOS!!! How can I move my PPCS6 into another HDD to keep working?
by on Nov 27, 2014 at 3:04:47 pm

[Miguel Angel Cano Santizo] "'m now backing up the Preview Files"

If my drives were squeaking the last thing I'd move was the preview files. You don't need them and you can render them again. If there's any footage on the faulty drive copy them to a new drive. Then relink.

Return to posts index

Miguel Angel Cano SantizoRe: SOS!!! How can I move my PPCS6 into another HDD to keep working?
by on Nov 28, 2014 at 1:26:10 am

Thanks a lot Tero, as I understand just backing up the PPCS6 project file will be enough since it will render by itself all settings and previews. (not counting footage and materials, which are backed up already).
I thought it would be more complicated because once I had lot of troubles moving a project from a MAC into a Win station.
Thanks a lot for answer and support!!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: SOS!!! How can I move my PPCS6 into another HDD to keep working?
by on Nov 28, 2014 at 5:54:52 am

A project file should work on both Windows and Mac. You just need to relink the files because the file paths are different between the systems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]