ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

What are these effects and how can I achieve them?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
T.Nicole HollandWhat are these effects and how can I achieve them?
by on Nov 24, 2014 at 6:39:26 pm

There may be a post already about this but I am looking for what these effects are called and if they can be done in Premiere Pro or if Aftereffects is needed. The effects are throughout, but start right at the beginning of the video.

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: What are these effects and how can I achieve them?
by on Nov 24, 2014 at 7:30:25 pm

The forward/backward motion effect appears to be after effects scripting. There is forum for it here on the cow.

In AE, select the video layer. In the Layer menu choose Time > Enable Time Remapping

And that creates a new drop down item on the layer called Time Remap. Option click the stop watch to open the Expression dialogue-thing and copy paste the following:

n = thisComp.layer("Null 1").effect("n")("Slider"); // play every n frame
m = thisComp.layer("Null 1").effect("m")("Slider"); // play m times
f = timeToFrames();
p = Math.floor(f/m);

When you hit the enter on the number pad you will get an error. Just hit ok.

Then create null layer, and then select the null and Effect > Expression Controls > Slider Controls.

Make two slider controls. Select one, hit enter, and rename it to n. Select the other, hit enter, and rename it to m.

Back to the expression, highlight all of the text: thisComp.layer("Null 1").effect("n")("Slider") and choose the little pickwhip icon, a spiral looking thing, and drag that to the Slider control you just made on the null layer and named n. Do the same thing for m.

At this point, there should be no errors, and you can use the sliders to change the motion effect until you get what you want. You can also keyframe those sliders and make things do awesome stuff.

That will give you the jitttering forward/backward motion effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved