ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

beginner best way to import assets. First to computer or directly to program

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Virginia Ruffulo
beginner best way to import assets. First to computer or directly to program
on Nov 14, 2014 at 6:27:57 pm

When I used FCP I imported directly to program. Now I am wondering if I should import to my computer first and organize there before importing to program. If so How do I import mini DVD tape to computer. Thanks

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: beginner best way to import assets. First to computer or directly to program
on Nov 15, 2014 at 5:54:09 pm

I assume you are using Premiere. If so, what version? Generally speaking this has not changed from FCP Legacy. Anyway, in Premiere it is called the Capture window.

Return to posts index

Virginia Ruffulo
Re: beginner best way to import assets. First to computer or directly to program
on Nov 16, 2014 at 5:15:17 am

I aam using Premier CS6. I used a very old version of FCP so I just want to know if I should import to desktop and organize my assets there and then import to the program . Several videos I watched pulled the assets from their desktop and I was wondering if CS6 allows one to import to a place outside the program.
Thanks, Virginia

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Nov 18, 2014 at 8:22:19 pm

Generally speaking, you should have two drives (1) is a system drive, and (2) is a media drive.

Tutorials usually put their stuff on the desktop because it is easier for the sake of the tutorial.

In the project setting, you designate a Scratch disk (which is also the term for media drive). The term scratch disk comes from the old days when fast computer drives were very expensive, so only the content being cut that moment was stored on the scratch disk. After the edit, you put it back in archive. Those days are basically over, but the term "Scratch Disk" still stays, and it means a fast and big drive where media goes.

Having said that, miniDV is pretty small throughput, so it should be ok.

Regarding organizing: yes, keep everything organized all the time -- in the finder, in the app -- always always always :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]