ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

DVD from Premiere CS6... Sorenson or others a benefit for quality?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin OBrien
DVD from Premiere CS6... Sorenson or others a benefit for quality?
on Feb 7, 2014 at 2:08:30 am

Need to create a DVD from an HD project... I understand that going from HD to SD for DVD creates some quality loss... is there a 3rd party software that would improve it(I've heard of Sorenson Squeeze, Cinema Craft SP3 etc but I have no experience with them and Googling hasn't helped much)

I'd like to use Encore for my menus etc... just looking for ideas to get the best quality DVD. Thanks for any suggestions...

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: DVD from Premiere CS6... Sorenson or others a benefit for quality?
on Feb 7, 2014 at 2:31:28 am

There were reports in the early days of Adobe Media Encoder that it didn't encode to the DVD standard MPEG2 very well. Because of that we continued using Squeeze for DVD projects. At some point, we became unable to tell the difference between encodes from the two, and being that we can encode straight from the timeline to Adobe Media Encoder, that's our preferred method. If you have Premiere, then you have AME, so no extra cost is needed to purchase another encoding software platform. Sorenson had added Premiere compatibility to Squeeze, but we found it problematic, and Sorenson support, though sympathetic toward us, could only tell us that it should get better in a future release.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia Quadro 4000 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Feb 7, 2014 at 8:03:46 pm

Ya, just use AME, select the DVD preset and tweak as needed.

Chris

Return to posts index

Kevin OBrien
on Feb 8, 2014 at 12:24:36 am

thanks for the input... I'll see how it goes with AME

Cheers!

Return to posts index

David Rehm
on Feb 11, 2014 at 12:03:02 am

You may want to read these 2 articles. At first the process will seem like a big hassle but after a couple of times it becomes easy. It works better than AME does when scaling HD to SD. You will get the pro results you are looking for.

http://www.precomposed.com/blog/2009/07/hd-to-sd-dvd-best-methods/

http://www.precomposed.com/blog/2010/10/hd-to-sd-dvd-cs5-revisited/

And here's another link to Jeff Belune's site going through this process step by step.
http://bellunevideo.com/tutlist.php

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]