ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Moving shapes

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Frost
Moving shapes
on Apr 8, 2013 at 2:12:44 pm

Hello,

As part of my job I have to start editing some basic CCTV footage (data protection - nothing dodgy!) and I have got a copy of Adobe Premiere Elements 10 to do this. I know this forum is for Premiere Pro but hopefully you can help.

I know it's very simple but, not being familiar with the Premiere set up I can't figure it out. Basically I have footage of a car driving down a road and I need to insert a rectangular shape over the registration number (I can do this bit) and then have it follow the registration number as it leaves the frame. I can't figure out how to do this!

I have been able to do this in other video editing software before but its just not working for me. I thought it would be something to do with pan & zoom as it has been on other software I've used but on here it seems to only allow you to look at the rectangle independently rather than the image overall.

Please any advice would be very helpful.

Regards

Daniel

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Moving shapes
on Apr 20, 2013 at 3:08:41 am

Sadly, this forum is for Adobe Premiere Pro pro - I don't think there is a forum at the cow for Adobe Premiere elements.

What you want to do is either be able to keyframe the position or track the underlying video. (I don't know how to do either in Elements, just Premiere Pro.)

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Author/Master Instructor/Speaker/Consulting
My contact info and more
New! Come see me speak @ NAB/Post Production World!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]